20 August 2008

Gentle Giants of Ganymede, Chapter 14

Before starting in on my next assignment for TrekMovie.com (the forthcoming Destiny Trilogy) I've been taking a few weeks to do some pleasure reading outside of the Trek realm. Tonight I happen to be reading "The Gentle Giants of Ganymede" by James P. Hogan. The book is the sequel to Hogan's first novel, "Inherit the Stars" (see my Amazon review here.)

A few minutes ago, I finished Chapter 14. It was short, only a page and a half, but I don't think I have ever read such a touching chapter in the nearly twenty years I have been reading fiction (with the possible exception of reading the climactic chapters of "Where the Red Fern Grows" when I was in seventh grade.)

I don't know if Hogan ever tools around the 'net looking for comments on his thirty-year-old books, but, Mr. Hogan, if you happen to be stopping by... thank you for such a wonderfully written and meaningful chapter!

0 comments:

All original material (C) 2007-2010 by Father Robert Lyons.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP