31 July 2008

Windows Vista Sucks... BADLY

Okay, let me just come right out and say it. I hate Windows Vista. I hate everything about it. From the resource-hog that is the Aero visual format (just why did we need that?) to the horrible response time for the System Manager, to the fact that it is constantly missing important files... and let's not forget that it won't run ANY of the programs I have from earlier versions of Windows... even in compatability mode....


Of course, Gateway hasn't done me any favors either, seeing as the only option for reinstalling Vista is a total wipe of the hard disk... no freshen-up installation for Gateway users... that would be too easy.


So now I have to figure out how to save all my files... wedding pictures, liturgy books, fiction pieces, bill summaries, etc.... and make sure they don't get zapped into eHell when I totally wipe my system and reinstall this worthless operating system.


Oh, and of course, the only copy of XP I have is proprietary to an older computer (which makes it illegal to install on this one) and I don't have the money to go out and buy a copy of XP to replace the piece of garbage that is Vista with.


So, Microsoft, please, don't take this personally, but your OS sucks!


Kristen's sister will, at least, be happy... if I can't get Windows Vista to work pretty soon, trust me, I'll be switching to a Mac when I buy my next computer.


Did you hear that, Microsoft? I just might switch to a Mac. (Of course, if you would send me a free copy of Windows XP SP2, I might reconsider, provided your next OS is worth anything.)


~End Rant

2 comments:

JOHN August 3, 2008 at 1:49 PM  

You can't downgrade to XP if you brought a computer with Vista. Your Hardware does not have XP drivers. Trust me, I tried to upgrade from Vista to XP. But hardware does not work with XP. You should switch to Mac.

P.S: XP is at SP3.

Karlton August 7, 2008 at 1:39 PM  

Hi, I'm having the similar problems - plus I teach English at a Community College and I have to deal with students how have to deal with the atrocious Word2007. I finally went to http://www.ubuntu.com/ and put Linux on me computer for free, which I use when I want things to run smoothly.

All original material (C) 2007-2010 by Father Robert Lyons.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP