03 November 2008

Things Come, Things Go, but God Stays the Same

It's been one heck of a day.  I was planning to blog about the Colts beating my Patriots last night, but a local television station can tell you more about why that post is not being made today...  CLICK HERE

I was at home when the fire started, but was given warning by the Fire Department and evacuated.  Our apartment suffered extensive smoke damage (read: everything stinks!) but we have been moved to a temporary residence tonight, and have already had a washer installed (with furniture on its way).  

My hats off to the firefighters who responded from Franklin Township and the Beech Grove Fire Department (I thought I may have seen one other department there... but I am not sure).  Nobody was hurt.  God was watching out for us today, and while our couch may stink, and our main work for the next week will be washing clothes, we have our lives and our health... and in the end, that's enough for me.

To that end, please pardon me if, for the next several days I am somewhat quiet... but we have a lot of work to get done.  We are planning on moving our closing date up a few days (as much as we can) and we actually have a place to go.  Please be in prayer for those who do not.

2 comments:

FrGregACCA November 10, 2008 at 6:12 PM  

Wow! So sorry, Father. You and your bride will be in our prayers. I wish I could offer financial help, but I cannot.

Father Robert Lyons November 10, 2008 at 8:54 PM  

Greg+

No sweat. We have insurance, which will cover it all... they have been incredibly helpful to us. We were put up in a free apartment for a month, have rental furniture... we are fine. Please pray for those who lost all.

On the other hand, the appliances were installed in our house today... and we close in two weeks.

Rob+

All original material (C) 2007-2010 by Father Robert Lyons.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP