26 June 2007

George Weigel on Liturgical Translations

I don't follow politics all that much, but I recognize the name of George Weigel. Over on his blog, Latif Gaba posted a link to his recent comments on the proposed revision to the Roman Liturgy. Very interesting...

I am not sure how I feel about all his comments. I tend to prefer the translation "of one essence" as opposed to "consubstantial", and I tend to favor a liturgical language that is comprehendable by newcomers while, at the same time, is reverent and dignified.

Anyway, Weigel's comments are quite interesting, and worth a moment of your time. Just click on the header of this article to link to the text.

0 comments:

All original material (C) 2007-2010 by Father Robert Lyons.

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP